Friday, November 17, 2006

The Power of Three...

Yeah, I know. Cheesy title. *g* But it seems to fit. I can't speak for Sandy or Sharon, but the Soul Reavers anthology isn't something I could have come up with on my own. It's a creation--a product of many hours of IMs and emails and brainstorming. Of making sure our characters didn't have the same names (Sharon and I do this a little too often without even realizing it). Of coming up with a premise and a set of rules that would work for all three stories.

When we first set out to do this, I (naively *g*) expected we'd be able to start writing our own stories right away, and be done with them in a couple of weeks. Um...not so much. Up until recently, we were still in the planning stages, and for someone like me, who isn't a plotter, I found actually planning what I was going to write to be more difficult than I'd thought. We started out with an idea Sandy had, and slowly, it's grown into a group of stories--one set in the past, one set in the present, and one in the future. The same basic concept of the Soul Reaver and the rare woman who can defeat him, but three very different stories--and three very different heroines.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, we come up with a lot of the same names. But more than that, it's the same combination names in heroes and heroines. Very creepy sometimes.

It has been a very different journey but one I wouldn't have given up for the world.

Of course we haven't reached our second deadline yet (the first having been, um, not met), so we'll see.

That deadline is looming ladies!!! Ack!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home